A good Office Assistant resume is always a first impression to your potential employer. It usually 1 to 2 page advertisement of your set skills to set you apart from other qualified candidates when you apply for a job. When it comes to writing a resume which is presentable, for instance the office assistant resume, there are some important tips that you have to know. This includes the following:
-You must display your contact information right at the top of your resume. This normally includes your name, phone number, address and email address. Make the font you are using to be bigger than the body in order for it to look nice. The body of your resume should have a font size of 12 and also the font size of your contact information should be at least 14.
-Begin with your job objective. This will tell the potential employer exactly what kind of position you are looking for.
-You have to create a skill section that shows all the skills that are relevant to the position of office assistant. Ensure to include your basic duties along with any other specialized skills that might make you to be the most appropriate candidate compared to others.
-Mention all the past education and continuing education that is related to the position of an office assistant. In this section also, include the name of your institution as well as your degree that you got or the expected degree.
-In a chronological order, you have to outline your past employment beginning with the most recent one as an office assistant. Don‘t forget to include location, title and the time you spent at the company.
-Make a list of all the achievements or any award that you have obtained in this field of office assistant. Ensure not to exclude any special recognition from your previous employers or in other case the contributions in the aim of advancing the productivity in your field.
-Mention any of the memberships you have that might be impressive to the employers. You should make sure it is relevant specifically to your field. In addition to this, you have to include also the number of years of your membership.
-Lastly, check your resume. If there is any grammatical error or any other error, make sure you fix it for it reduces the value of your resume.
-If you are an office assistant, you are expected to have excellent communication and grammar skills. To show the interviewer your qualification, you should:
-Always use bullet points instead of using a paragraph form for easy, clear and quick read.
-Your resume should be ideally one page but it can be up to two pages in length.
-Addition of a self portrait to your resume can help you to be one of the most appropriate candidates among the other candidate, but it is unnecessary.
These are the best tips for you when you are writing your resume, so, be rest assured that you will achieve your goal after using it.
Office Assistant Resume Sample # 1
8798 Main Ave ● Colorado,CA 154762 ● (676) 577-04354 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Objective A position as an Office Assistant
• Well skilled in maintenance of a liaison between various departments within the company
• Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and able to use them on need basis.
• Good experience in data entry.
• High understanding of building daily and weekly ledgers, labels and mailing lists.
• Excellent understanding of customer services and reception work.
• Proficiency in computer skills.
• Bilingual: English and German.
May 2010 -2013
Help in providing primary support to the advanced office operations. Perform regular office tasks successfully, like:
•Assist in Purchasing and managing supplies for the office and also performing photocopy.
• Helped answering phone calls, greet and help customers having queries and resolve their basic concerns.
• Assisted in creating and overseeing staffing events.
• Assisted in filling and maintaining reports for managers daily.
• Achieved Employee Award of the Month four times in one year.
Smart college of professionals, Colorado -2008
• Degree in Office Administration
Office Assistant Resume Sample # 2
Austin, TX, USA, M.JAYA007@example.com, (555)-555-5555
Use my multitasking and managerial skills to help in effective and smooth functioning of the organization. And benefit the organization using abilities for increasing effective output and problem solving by being at the position of an Office assistant.
Proved my skills and efficiency at organizations previously worked at, By Actively participating and having Interpersonal communicational skills that ensure effectiveness and efficiency at workplace
- ROCKWELL FORD AND COMPANY, 2011-Present
- WANG XI INCORPORATE, 2010
- Good knowledge of the various processes in the office environment
- Effective communication skills
- Efficiently handled various office assistant tasks and received award for the same
- Maintenance of Office library
- Assuring available stationery and inventory at the office
- Reviewing clerical records for accurate results
- Maintaining all the record transactions in the office, incoming as well as outgoing resources
- Co-ordinate in induction program of the employees
- Arranging documents needed for auditing
- Attending clients or guests at the reception
Austin State College, 2001-2004
- Bachelors of commerce
- Certified in office management
- Communication skills
- Computer skills including solid knowledge of Office editors and spreadsheets
- Answering phone calls, and scheduling appointments
- Providing customer service to walk in customers
- Hardworking and loyal professional with good interpersonal communicational skills
- Excellent Quantitative reasoning and mathematical aptitude.
- Scrupulous and meticulous habit of keeping track of the transactions .