Warehouse is booming, thanks to the return of maybe big manufactures and their product distribution centers. Warehouse operation is also critical to a great customer experience. Warehouse jobs currently at all levels are on the rise. As a result, it’s a great time to polish your resume and find a well-paid job in this booming industry. Another similar profession to consider is truck driver. But truck driver has high barrier to entry and might not be for everyone. To learn more about truck driving jobs, click here.
When you are writing a warehouse resume, here are some important guidelines that you have to know. These include:
– Format and presentation is normally critical to the success of your resume in this particular industry. Most of the employers are looking for dedicated, reliable and experienced employees who know the real meaning of the word “professionalism”. Although it’s hard to determine your professionalism from glancing a resume, a great first impression through resume is certain beneficial. You might also consider making use of a resume builder in order to ensure the layout of your resume is neat, clear and organized.
-Write your resume clearly in a summary form. In this section, in about four sentences, make sure you emphasize on your level of commitment and work ethic. In general, most of the employers are looking for the ideal warehouse workers who are able to throw themselves into the job with no compromise of efficiency and safety.
-Experience is also another main key area of focus for employers. You have to be clear about the employment dates and titles of your previous position at the warehouse. If you have no specific experience, emphasize on your past positions that showcase your attention and reliability.
-Do some research and learn something about your target in the business of the employer. You have to understand the kind of inventory you will be managing (like electronics, food, consumer goods, lumber and many others), be well-prepared for interview questions concerning the safety, handling regulations, and operation procedures for products in the warehouse.
-Focus mainly on the important things about you. For instance, make sure to focus on your achievements and all the sentences should be brief, relevant and clear to the needs of the job in that question.
–We recommend you use chronological format It is mostly preferred by most of the employers, and also works well if you are staying in the same field. Functional format should only be used when you are changing the fields, and you are quite sure about the skills-oriented format will show off your skills to a better advantage. In this format, make sure you include a clear history of chronological work.
-Remember to mention your job objective. It shows a sense of direction and employers will be more interested in you.
-Note that your resume is not just about the your past jobs, it is about you, how you performed and what you achieved in those jobs especially the achievements that are most relevant to the work you wish to do next. A good warehouse resume always predicts how you may perform in your desired future job.
Resume Sample #1
Toronto, IA345679, (456) 548-3568, firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB OBJECTIVE – Looking for a position as warehouse worker to help in inventory services, receivables, shipping and maintenance.
James Warehousing & Logistics Toronto 2008– Present
- Over 5 years of working experience.
- Received the orders and unloaded packages from the trucks and stored them in the warehouse in a proper manner.
- Maintained a clean working environment, and also kept equipments and tools that are used for unloading and loading the goods in their respective places.
- Documented and managed the systems of inventory control in the computer which is normally placed in the warehouse with the use of bar code readers and scanners.
- Conducted regular routines checks on arrival of shipments against their own bills of invoices and lading.
- Prepared the receipts for customers who receive goods in accordance to the law.
- Able to safely handle the loading and unloading equipment.
- Well familiar with accounting skills.
- Reliable and hardworking.
- Data entry skills.
- In-depth knowledge of computer skills.
High School Diploma, Toronto high school, 2006
Resume Sample #2
123-east coast- Endicott,NY- (000)-111-111 -ElliotyHure@example.co
Self-motivated, reliable, energetic Warehouse working professional with 4 years of material management and warehouse experience.
- Ability to handle safely , load and unload various equipment
- Efficient accounting skills | Data entry skills | Ability to perform and prioritize tasks
- Ability to detail coordinate regional, national and global logistics
- Hard working and detail oriented , with the ability to manage warehouse inventory, shipping and receiving operations
F&D Inc., NY
Warehouse operations and management 2006 – Present
- Managed logistics of multiple shipments and deliveries within extreme time constraints
- Utilized hand held computer system to verify shipments and identified loads for repacking, distribution and forwarding to inventory
- Worker of the month for five months in a row in 2009, Jan – May.
- Comprehensive understanding of security protocols, and ability to adhere to them during work.
- Demonstrated ability to perform clerical jobs efficiently.
- Team player
- Able to do overtime, if required.
- Good observational skills
- Physically fit
- Good customer service skills
- Leadership skills
High school diploma 2006
An inside look into world’s best warehouse: