Not all server jobs requires a resume, but going the extra mile in preparing a good resume can show your dedication and position yourself in a better position in terms of finding a position in the best possible restaurant (which usually translate into higher tips and income). The return on investment can be well worth the time and effort. Interested in step up your game with a good Resume? Here are some basic guidelines you need to follow:
- Leave enough white space in between the sentences.
- Perfect English – no grammar or spelling errors.
- Be honest.
- Use the power keywords in describing yourself and also your achievements.
- Be Organized.
- Highlight your skills and experiences.
When writing your server resume, there is also additional information that you should include:
- Your contact information. The name and how you can be reached must be at the top of your resume.
- What is your goal, short term and long term for applying for this position?
This may seem obvious to you but remember most hiring managers go through hundreds of resumes for every job openings. The hiring manager may be in a process of seeking his/her assistant manager, a food runner, a host and a server and many other positions. It will be beneficial for both the hiring manager and the applicant if their long and short term goals are well aligned.
- Mention your objective. For example you can write; to obtain a serving position at ABC restaurant that will enable me to utilize my talent and experience.
- What is your work experience?
You should list all your jobs in reverse chronological order. Under each job, try to explain why you are better than other candidates. For example you may say: Training server at previous restaurant and my duties included: insured all the servers followed company procedures, weekly seminar training specifically for staff, approve servers closing duties.
Mention your relevant skills, especially skills that can help you differentiate from other candidates. Skills are normally developed as a by-product of your experiences, personally or professionally gained. For example you can say:
- Well talented at serving food safely, gracefully and securely.
- Great attention to detail with a proven ability to quickly learn all of the aspects of new specialties and menus.
Lastly, for a resume targeted towards server position, the closing end is an area where you can include the final information about yourself. For example, if you speak multiple languages, use them to your advantage. If you have certifications or other advanced education that compile with the customers of the restaurant you are applying to, make sure you mention it. These skills are great ways to engage your customer and provide positive impact to the restaurant.
Do You find These Resume Tips helpful?
We covered several tips and ideas for you to brainstorm killer ideas for your resume. What are your thoughts? Have you completed your resume yet? Give your resume some thoughts and I am sure you will see great return on the time you invested in preparing a good resume.
Restaurant Server Resume Samples #1
Toronto, IA345679, (456) 548-3568, email@example.com
JOB OBJECTIVE: A position as a server with Sarova Hotel utilizing the exceptional hospitality skills and outstanding customer care capabilities to ensure the recurring business and maximize the revenue.
SKILLS AND KEY STRENGTHS
- More than three months experience in food service industry
- Well skilled in delivering the outstanding service by greeting and serving the customers
- Track record of setting-up a station and break down of side work
- Gifted in coming up with good suggestions and additional items to the customers
- Able to learn about the menu to answer the questions and remember the details regarding the orders
Stanley hotels-Toronto, 2010
- Greeted the patrons and answered questions regarding the menu
- Took the orders from the customers
- Removed plates and cleaned the tables
- Gave out change whenever required
- Assisted kitchen staff in food and salad preparation
Smart High School, Toronto, IA 345679, 2008
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced work environment
- Good written communication and mathematics skills
- Able to work in a flexible schedule and weekends
Also Available in PDF:
Resume Sample #2
&th Pine street, OR, KS 19191919• (000)-111-1111 •firstname.lastname@example.org
- Over 5 years of experience as server
- Well versed in offering guests who reflect high standards
- Hands on experience in maintaining a professional yet comfortable attitude to clients
- WELL ORGANIZED
- EXCELLENT PEOPLE SKILLS
- PHYSICALLY FIT
- Served at high profile events at the resort with quality service
- Trained a group of new employees to work as Banquet servers for the resort’s new branch in egypt
Hilton group of resorts – LA, CA | 2009 – present
- Explain daily specials
- Greets guests as they arrive to the hall
- Serve drink and take orders
- Ensure consistency in presentation of food items
- Explain menu to guests
High school diploma – 2007
los angeles high school
Take A Look At PDF format: